Weddings are lovely. Wedding planning, however, can be downright overwhelming. No matter how stable your relationship is, it can take a toll on the most secure of relationships – where every spare moment is taken up by guest lists, seating plans and flowers, it can be a little tough to make time for you and your husband-to-be and general ‘life’. Here are a few ideas to fit in some quality couple time before the big day and how to manage your time:
• Recreate your first date – whether it was a simple cup of coffee or a candlelit dinner for two, this is sure to bring back all sorts of memories, and will also help you remember those days of cute, awkward dating.
• Spend a day under the blankets with pizza, popcorn and a movie marathon. Whether it’s the movies you’ve both enjoyed as a couple or your favourite series. Time for you to just let your brain and body chill.
• Start a class or course of some sort – yes, it may seem as though your time is already short, but focusing on something completely different, even if it is for an hour a week, will help you keep sane – whether it’s pottery, learning how to garden or a short web course.
• Set rules – allocate a certain amount of time each day or week to dedicate to wedding-planning – whether it’s 30 minutes a day or 2 hours a week. Then you can focus all your energy on tasks to be done during that time, instead of always having something going on in the background.
• If you are feeling truly overwhelmed (and can’t afford a full time wedding planner) consider a Junior PA – one you can pay per hour, for the little tasks you just can’t get around to.
Read more from Candice as she planned her wedding in our Bride to Be section.
Photographs courtesy of Tiffany Burnham Photography ©
Happy Wedding Planning!