After all of the time and effort that goes into planning the perfect wedding day, your honeymoon is going to be a welcome break from quotes, deposits, RSVP’s, meetings, and endless conversations about all things wedding. But, many couples find that they’ve invested so much of themselves and their budget into the wedding that their honeymoon suffers. This is such an important time. Your honeymoon is the very beginning of this lifelong adventure.
Here are some tips to paving the way for you to have the best honeymoon; the perfect launch for your new road together:
- Pack your bags well ahead of time to avoid last-minute rushes.
- SAVE! Be sure to save a bit of (and then even a bit more) extra money so that you can really enjoy yourselves without stressing too much about overspending. That having been said; have a budget and try your best to stick to it. Make allowances for treats, though, and splurge when it is really worth it.
- Be prepared – read reviews of the accommodation, tourist attractions, restaurants, and activities in the area. Doing this will mean learning from the experience of others and enjoying the best of what a destination has to offer.
- Be open-minded and willing to try something a little different. This may mean trying new food, an adventure sport, or something just a little out of your comfort zone.
- Take as much time as possible, remembering to factor in the travel time so that you’re not rushing from one attraction and destination to another.
- No matter how limited your suitcase space is, be sure to include some really sexy underwear for those special occasions.
- Visit a travel clinic well in advance to ensure that you have all of the necessary vaccinations and paperwork for your trip.
- Indulge in romantic gestures. Make one another feel really special and loved.
- Pack a first-aid kit or a small bag with anti-spasmodics, painkillers, anti-inflammatories, disinfectant, anti-nausea tablets, and so on. Being prepared will go a long way if one of you isn’t feeling too hot on your honeymoon.
- Turn your phone off and stay far away from social media until you’re back home.
- Arrive back at least a day or two before having to start work again. Take time to recover, relax and ease into the swing of things.
- Check the weather.
- Try not to stress out about not doing everything on your to-do list. Take each day as it comes, and just try to fit in what you can without exhausting yourselves.
- Be on time for your flights. All of them.
- Take plenty of photographs, and include one another in your pictures. Try to get waiters or tour guides to take pictures, when possible, so that they aren’t only a collection of selfies.
- Be careful when travelling with valuables and cash. Always be alert to your surrounds.
- At least once, arrange to stay in a bed-and-breakfast facility so that you get to enjoy a delicious breakfast in the comfort and luxury of your private room.
- Do something from both of your bucket lists.
- Buy a souvenir for yourselves or your home to remember your special honeymoon by.
- Have fun. Above all else, make this a priority. Not everything will go according to plan. But, sometimes, those surprises make for the best memories. Go with the flow and approach each day with an attitude of adventure and fun.
Happy Wedding Planning!