We Heart Wedding Cupcakes
We seriously ♥ Wedding Cupcakes! They are not only pretty but if you have a talented baker in your family you can save bundles of cash by making these yourselves (and have lots of fun “practising” long before the time). Of course if you are not into “doing-it-yourself”, there are plenty of bakeries and excellent companies who will make wedding cupcakes to your specifications and to fit in with your wedding style and theme.
We’ve hunted around and found a few wedding cake suppliers for you to consider as well as found a few recipe sites and sites with DIY instructions, so have fun experimenting with making your own wedding cupcakes or call the professionals if you aren’t quite brave enough to go the DIY wedding cupcake route!
Making your own Wedding Cupcakes
Here are a few links to sites where you can find ideas, recipes and even templates for making your very own wedding cupcakes:
- DIY Wedding Cupcakes by Betty Crocker (it looks pretty basic – nothing too fancy. What I like on this link is a time-line or planner that advises on when to bake the cakes, when to thaw, when to ice etc. Quite useful if you are serious about wedding cupcake diy).
- Wedding Cupcake ideas by Martha Stewart – trust Martha to be full of good ideas on this topic!
- Cupcake wedding cakes on the Cake Channel
- To find more do a Google search for “wedding cupcakes diy”, and see what you can find.
A FEW Wedding Cake Suppliers
For a Garden Route Wedding we found Terry Cohen who is based in Knysna and makes the prettiest cupcakes you ever did see. Her company is aptly called “Cakes & Cookies“. Give Terry a call on +27 (0)44 384 0030 to see what she can do for you.
Liselott’s Cakes, based in Cape Town makes wonderful wedding cakes – Contact Liselott on +27 (0)76 094-0895 or on her mobile: +27 (0)76 094-0895). Also contact Charly’s Bakery who make the most stunning cakes ever – and they are worth making a note of as its not just wedding cakes they do. Contact the talented Charly’s girls on +27 (021) 4615181 to find out more!
For a Gauteng Wedding we found Pam of Cake Sensations in Johannesburg (gotta love the name “cake sensations”, hmmmm … yummy!). Pam is contactable on +27 (0)83 655-5979 – give her a call to see what she can do for you.
In KwaZulu Natal we found Lee at The Cake Specialist on +27 (0)82 9210 676. Her cakes are unique, beautiful and elegant. Just what you need to make your wedding very special!
For a Wedding in Mpumalanga we tracked down Sulandra Joubert who owns a company called Delightful Cakes. Sulandra thrives on creating a unique, personalised and delightful wedding cake to suit your taste and requirements, so give her a call on +27 (0)82 341-2608.
Useful Wedding Links
- South Africa Wedding Cakes
- South Africa Wedding Planners
- South Africa Weddings
- South Africa Accommodation
Happy Wedding Planning!