What Is Your Wedding Cake Flavour?
One of the many highlights of a wedding is the cutting of the cake, I particularly enjoy this moments – perhaps it because I have a sweet tooth. I remember going to weddings as a young girl and being given a chunk of fruit cake coated with marzipan as a take home gift. Boy am I glad that this is no longer a popular trend in wedding cakes. Today we’re lucky enough to have some of the most delicious offerings. Here are some suggestions for your special day …
- Traditional fruit cake
- Marble (a vanilla cake with chocolate swirl through it)
Something a Little Different:
- Red Velvet (bright red in colour with a decadent cream cheese topping)
- A tower of chocolate eclairs
- Mini cheesecakes
- A selection of cupcakes in an assortment of flavours
- White chocolate cake, topped with fresh fruit and a dusting of icing sugar
- A pile of merringues coated in chocolate
And if you don’t have a sweet tooth what about trying a tower of cheese, large round of cheddar topped with a few rounds of camenbert, blue cheese and brie – serve with chunks of bread, some fresh fruit and nuts.
Happy Wedding Planning!