Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect wedding venue and a few details that will assist you and help you to avoid potential drama and stress that you do not need on your magical day! I have jotted down a couple of points for you to take a look at and show you some questions you should be asking.
While some of the questions seem obvious, you’d be surprised how many brides-to-be forget to ask! (I was once taught that it is all about asking the RIGHT questions! So here we go …)
- Is the venue available on your desired day?
- Do they have an in-house coordinator or someone you can liase with about the arrangements.
- Always ask straight up what the venue hire includes (equipment, linen, waitrons, barmen etc. etc.)
- Can the venue accommodate the number of guest you wish to invite?
- Is there a place on the premises or close by that you can go to take your wedding photographs?
- Do a cost comparison on wine lists / prices and menu options.
- Is the venue air-conditioned? For in season summer wedding especially!
- Is there adequate parking for all guests?
- Make sure you check when you can have access to the venue for setting up and decorating.
- Is there adequate space for the dance floor?
- Also check (if you are booking a large venue) if there are any other wedding happening on that same day as your wedding.
- Agree on a cut off time for reception and more importantly ask what they would charge per hour if you decided to extend the party after your curfew.
- Make sure you know the amount they want for a deposit.
- Find out exactly what their policy is should there be a ‘unforeseen cancellation’.
- Establish when they require final guest numbers.
- Find out when final payment is due.
Good luck and don’t forget to enjoy every moment of the planning both fun and challenging. It is all part of the moments you will treasure for the rest of your life!
- South Africa Wedding Venues
- South Africa Wedding Planners
Happy Wedding Planning!