While shoes may seem like a very small part of your wedding preparations, they play a very large part in the enjoyment side of things. The last thing you need on your wedding day, while everything else is perfect, is an ill-fitting pair of shoes causing you discomfort. If you can manage to organize yourself a pair of happy feet, you will definitely be a very happy bride.
Here are some tips to keep in mind while shopping for that perfect pair:
- Never choose “cute” over comfort. As much as you’d like to tell yourself “it’s only for one day” your wedding day is going to be a long one and you do need to be as comfortable as possible. Keep in mind that the shoes you choose will most likely not be on display (unless you’re sporting a short dress) and while they will pop out from time to time they won’t be a focal point.
- Opt for a lower heel. Unless you are used to wearing five inch heels on a daily basis instead of pumps or sneakers, then stilettos might not be a good choice for you.
- Consider the terrain. If you are comfortable in stilettos, that’s fabulous, but do consider your venue before settling on the type of heel that you want. Stilettos tend to sink in grass and they’re not particularly reliable on gravel either.
- Peep-toes look good on all feet. There’s something special about a pair of peep toe shoes. They’re just so cute! And they make even the funniest looking feet look adorable. Peep toes often come in flats as well which is just perfect if you’re going for absolute comfort.
- Always try on both shoes. And walk around a bit! Sometimes one foot might be a tiny bit smaller than the other and you might not notice the discomfort if you only try on one shoe.
- Check your posture. If possible, observe yourself in a full length mirror before making a final decision. Make sure the shoes (especially high heels) are not making your posture look awkward.
- Colour is fun. Just because your dress is white doesn’t mean that your shoes have to be white too. There’s something delightfully cheeky about getting a flash of colour as the bride walks around.
- Go anti-conventional. Don’t love all things feminine and frilly? Why not wear sneakers, or gumboots or even cowboy boots? No one said you have to be 100% girly on your wedding day!
Find the perfect dress
Book Your Wedding Venue
Learn to Dance
See Weddding Florists
Happy Wedding Planning!