Wedding confetti ideas and alternatives
If you're bored with normal wedding confetti, the type you buy at shops that is mass made for weddings, then what are the alternatives? Even Rice is boring now, unless you jazz it up by dying it in your own colours. It's really fun to throw confetti so surely there are other things that are more innovative and a bit different?
Note: Whatever you decide to use as confetti at your wedding, you will have to check with your chosen wedding venue that they will allow you to use the type of confetti you have chosen (most have a "confetti policy", i.e. what is and what is not allowed to be used).
Alternatives to standard PAPER confetti
- Rose petals
- Flower petals
- whole small flowers (daisies could be fun)
- Freeze dried petals (see a previous post, flower petals as confetti)
- Streamers (think white, pink or blue)
- Glitter (we don't think this is a good idea!)
- Seeds, e.g. sunflower or bird seeds
- Pot pourri
- Lavender buds
- Sweets or candy (the wrapped kind)
- Shredded coconut
- Coins (2c pieces or if you're feeling flush, 5c etc ...)
- Metallic stars
- Paper planes
- Pom poms, little white, blue or pinks ones could be cute
Alternatives to Throwing Confetti
- no confetti at all
- blowing bubbles
- wedding bells
- flying doves
Skip the Confetti altogether
- Many couples opt to skip this tradition altogether. Those that have say its not missed at all as guests cheer and wave to them as they leave the church.
Have any other ideas?
- Let us know in the comment section below if you know of any other great ideas for unique "confetti" to share with other brides! We'd love to hear what others are doing!
Happy Wedding Planning!