A streamed wedding is definitely not traditional (yet), but it can be fun, exciting, romantic and special. Whether you’re coming up with your own gift registry for your Zoom wedding, or you’ve been invited to an online wedding, we’ve got some great ideas for lockdown wedding gifts for you.
Gift Ideas for Lockdown Wedding Gifts
- A gift card for an online course platform, so that they can choose something that appeals to them.
- A subscription to a magazine or journal that they love is a great lockdown wedding gift.
- A bespoke photo book – ask the photographer or the couple for their favourite wedding pictures, or use photos that you have available to create a photo book online and send them a gorgeous hard copy.
- Ask an awesome local bakery to create a treat box of amazing pastries, cakes and tarts and deliver it to them on the morning after their wedding.
- Send a DIY kit for something they both love – cocktails, sushi, mosaics, gardening or baking, for example.
- Vouchers for their favourite home décor shops (preferably ones that offer online shopping).
- A case of beautiful South African wines, craft gin or beer to be delivered to them at home (once Covid restrictions allow).
- South Africa has so much incredible accommodation. Get the couple a voucher so that they can get away for a night or three at one of these gorgeous properties.
- Beautiful kitchen utensils that can be delivered to their door. Spoil them with something luxurious, like a Le Creuset pot or coffee cup set.
- Find out about local businesses that offer unique products and services and see if there’s an opportunity to support these. Whether they provide art prints, rugs, home-cooked meals or gardening services, there’s bound to be something (or a few things) that would make really special gifts for the couple.
- Indulgent kitchen goodies that the couple may not necessarily splurge on. A juicer, air-fryer, pressure-cooker, slow-cooker, awesome knife set or coffee machine are all great gifts.
- Find out if there’s a local spa that offers couple’s massages and get them a voucher for one.
- Book an online session with a life coach or investment expert to offer the couple some priceless advice for their future.
- Bedding or luxurious his-and-her gowns.
Lockdown Wedding Gifts
With a little research and imagination, you’ll find lovely gifts for the special couple, even at a time when you may not be able to give it to them in person.
Happy Wedding Planning!