Counting Down – The Final Two Weeks – Help for the Bride
Dear bride. If you intend to plan your wedding yourself, then the last two weeks are the time when you’re going to need a bit of a hand hold, metaphorically speaking. We don’t doubt that you’re immensely competent, and that you’ve got your ducks in a row, but…
Those last two weeks are what usually sends one over the brink. The dress is almost ready, you’ve done your final fitting, the venue is prepared, you’re ready and then wham – there’ll be that one emergency you didn’t see coming, and everything else will go straight to pot.
We’ve thus organised you a little checklist to go through, that looks something like this. Best thing is to copy it, add your special items to it and then print it off and have it in your little black book to act as your backup.
Two Weeks Before:
- Phone everyone on the invitation list who has yet to respond
- Arrange order of speeches and let everyone involved know
- Confirm the final head count with the venue and caterer
- Arrange the final seating arrangements
- Go over your travel clothes and items
- Final call to photographer, caterer
- Start wearing in your wedding shoes around the house
- Pick up wedding rings, if you haven’t already
- Confirm all out-of-town accommodation for your guests (if need be)
- Confirm all details with every service you have hired – church, hotel, musicians, reception venue etc.
One Week Before:
- Last dress fitting, to make dead sure everything is perfect
- Do all the bridal party members know what is expected of them?
- Confirm your appointments for your hair, nails, the car etc.
- Confirm travel arrangements (or get the groom to do this)
- Wrap presents for bridesmaids
- Confirm that your florist has managed to find the perfect flowers for the bouquet
- Write an outline of the wedding day details for every wedding party member
Two / Three Days Before:
- Wedding rehearsal
- Welcome of guests staying in town
- After rehearsal dinner to welcome out of town family
One Day Before:
- Final call to reconfirm your transport to the wedding
- Relax, relax, relax
- Eat enough to remain in focus
- Off to bed early for you!
Happy Wedding Planning!